|Date of birth||February 15|
|Height|| 174.7 cm (5' 8.8") - April |
175.8 cm (5' 9.2") - November
|Weight||65.5 kg (144.4 lbs)|
|Home town||Miyagi Prefecture|
|Occupation||High School Student (2nd Year, Class 2)|
|Chapter||"The Strain On The Timid"|
|Episode||"Karasuno High School's Volleyball Club"|
|Image gallery (19)|
Kinoshita has short, spiky light brown hair and large narrowed eyes. He is average in height and is the shortest second year apart from Nishinoya.
He's very anxious when it comes to his own abilities and constantly worries about whether he’s good or not. Even though he isn’t a regular, he is very supportive of his team. He's also been noted to have an "uncanny knack of putting points on the board" by Ukai. He's always seen cheering Karasuno on. It seems he's not afraid to make sly remarks about his teammates such as telling Tanaka, "Don't take off your shirt, baldy!"
In his first year, he joined Karasuno boys' volleyball team, which had been more of a recreational club than a team at that time. However, Coach Ukai returned from retirement shortly after and restarted training. Unable to keep up with it, Kinoshita left the volleyball team, along with Ennoshita and Narita, for a while. By the time they realized how much volleyball meant to them and decided to return, Coach Ukai was already gone again. Regretting their decision, they started to call themselves the "Ungrateful Second Years".
Karasuno High Team Formation ArcEdit
In the anime, Kinoshita debuts in the 3-on-3 match. In the manga, he doesn’t debut until the Aobajōsai match.
Aobajōsai Practice Match
Kinoshita is seen in the background as Daichi explains the roster for the practice match. Kinoshita doesn’t play in this match, but cheers on his teammates on the sides.
Nekoma Practice Match
During the training camp, Hinata and Kageyama approach the second years after hearing Ennoshita’s comment about how he ran away. Shamefully, Ennoshita, Narita, and Kinoshita reveal their past and how they quit the team for a while after the original Ukai returned.
Kinoshita doesn’t play during the match, but cheers on his teammates on the side.
Kinoshita mainly cheers on his teammates.
Tokyo Expedition ArcEdit
Narita, Kinoshita, and Ennoshita help Nishinoya and Tanaka study for the exams at Tanaka’s house. When Saeko enters, Kinoshita remarks that she’s a really cool person.
Spring High Preliminary ArcEdit
Kinoshita doesn’t play but supports his teammates on the side.
Tokyo Nationals Arc Edit
Kinoshita trains with the whole team and focuses on honing his serves before the Nationals. He eventually takes part in the matches in the Nationals as a pinch server together with Yamaguchi.
He is a good overall player, whose main strength lies in his ability to accurately aim for specific spots on the court with his serves. He has experience in the jump float serve and is one of Karasuno's pinch servers, along with Yamaguchi.
As of mid-November:
- Fingertip Height: 223 cm
- Jumping Reach: 297 cm (spike) / 280 cm (block)
They are good friends with one another and are often together during practice or matches. They have also been seen together outside of team events.
It is shown during Nationals that Kinoshita and Nishinoya also have a good relationship. He was willing to use his time to help Nishinoya out with his upper-hand receives. He's also often seen to cheer on for Nishinoya whenever he seems anxious or troubled.
Kinoshita has a good relationship with his teammates and are very supportive of them during matches. He is good friends with Tanaka and Nishinoya and helped them study for the exams, though he doesn't hold the same power over them as Ennoshita.
- Favorite Food: Pickled ginger.
- Kinoshita wears white gym shoes with black accents.
- In the anime, his jersey number is switched from 7 to 8 during the Interhigh Preliminaries matches against Date Tech and Aobajōsai. In the second season, his jersey number is switched back to 7. It is not known whether this was an animation error or was done on purpose.
- He owns a VHS.
- The first time he's shown playing in a match is in Season 2, Episode 1. However, Furudate did mention that he was unsure about Kinoshita’s stance towards “club activities”.
- In Haikyuu's first popularity poll, Kinoshita ranked 31st with 367 votes. In the second, he dropped to 41st with 497 votes.
- When asked about Kinoshita's name, Furudate said that it may have come from his grandfather or grandmother.
- His star sign is Aquarius.
- Kinoshita (木下) - Under the Tree
- Hisashi (久志) - Always
- "Seijou must be pissed!" (Chapter 59)
- "No way, I'll pass." (To the second years regarding the next captain of Karasuno, Chapter 119)
- "That's a given, if we're going to the nationals!!" (Chapter 149)
- "...I thought at the very least, I'd be able to... make some kind of dramatic play when my number was called. I thought I would be able to have my heroic moment too, if only just for a flashing moment. Turns out I was... completely naive about everything." (Chapter 277)